Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

"YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME" lot of cards *w/measurements


This card pictured above is one I made a while back. I liked the layout so much, I decided to make a bunch more.  I cut and stamped everything and had put together a card kit that I took to TN, but this was one of the kids that my mom and I wasn't able to get to, so I thought I'd go ahead and assemble it. I used Mini Brads from the Eyelet Outlet on the cards when I made them before, last night while assembling all these cards, I decided to leave the brads off.



Everything is laid out and ready to be put together.. yeah!!



When I started putting these together I didn't realize how many layers there was...  I am running very low on adhesive.. like ONE box left.. yikes!  so I was trying to find creative ways to get these all put together using my ATG tape and Scor-Pal Tape.




Here they all are.. all put together.




*MEASUREMENTS:

card base:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"

black layer:  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern layer:  4"  x 5 1/4"

large panel:

black layer:  3 3/8" x 4 5/8"
pattern layer:  3 1/4" x 4 1/2"

rectangle layer:

black layer: 2 5/8" x 3 3/8"
pattern layer:  2 1/2" x  3 1/4"

banner flag:
black layer;  1 3/4" wide *I cut mine about 1 1/2-2" because it was going to be tucked up under the other layer and you wasn't going to see it. 
pattern layer:  1 5/8" wide.    I laid the pattern on the black layer and then cut the fish tails, then moved up the pattern paper when I adhered them together.

sentiment was stamped on a punched out circle and layered on another punched out circle.

*SUPPLIES:

card stock:  black, cream
pattern paper: WeRMemory Keepers Storytime line: Hansel  and Big Bad Wolf
stamps: Stamps of life Phrases2Say
ink:  Hero Arts Black
accessories: Scor-Pal, Circle Punches and Foam Tape


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

4 comments:

Patti said...

Queen of Layering...thanks so much for the inspiration and especially the measurements.
I have a ring binder of all your creations and use them alot. I did not do much layering until I found your blog and samples

Unknown said...

A big thank you for all your inspiration and sharing ! Really love you including measurements, thank you. You seem to make a lot of one card at a time. Do you have a special group that you support (other than OWH?)

Grace Card Ministry said...

I really like that card! I'm really not too good on the computer yet, though I'm learning. I just want to say that I have been following you for awhile now, not sure how long and I have used some of your ideas to recreate. And I thank you.
I live in Overbrook, Kansas and I am the Director of a Non-Profit Ministry called Grace Card Ministry. A small group of us get together & make cards for Military Families, Jails, Topeka Rescue Mission, a Penitentiary, Several area nursing homes,a Backpack Buddies food program. We also make Birthday cards, Prayer, & Thinking of You cards.
So you can understand why I need all of the ideas for handmade cards I can get!
I come from a family that has six generations of military men, some retired as well.
We also lost our nephew in Bagdad stationed at Camp Slater in 2004.
I thank you for all your hard work that you do as well as my admiration for Operation Write Home.

Teresa M. Clary
Director Grace Card Ministry
Grace Community Church
Overbrook, Kansas

Manila Card said...

Love the cards. It is beautiful design of cards that is wonderful. Thanks for share with us superb cards.